|JUROR'S PRELIMINARY STORY OF CASE
How Jurors Use Preliminary Stories
1. Use as framework for analyzing evidence and arguments during trial.
2. Use as filter to decide what evidence is relevant and should be retained, and what evidence to discard.
3. Use as memory tool to hold on to more information than would be possible without a story.
4. Use as a story to persuade other jurors during deliberations.
What Makes a Good Story?
1. Covers the provided set of information adequately (COVERAGE)
2. Is consistent, plausible, and complete
3. Is specific and includes detail (UNIQUENESS)