How to establish trust with a client
1. Keep your promises (and make only promises you can keep).
2. Be honest with your client--even if that mean having to give them bad news.
3. Use "we" a lot in your conversations to reduce the power imbalance inherent in the lawyer-client relationship.
4. Ask questions of your client to make sure you are understanding each other and that you know key facts relevant to a problem.
5. Stress to your client the importance of reaching joint decisions to go forward with your legal strategy.