How to Be an Honest Lawyer:
1. Work in a firm or government office that values honesty highly (honesty is contagious).
2. Work in a practice area with a reputation for honesty (honesty is contagious).
3. Have a superior or judge or opposing counsel who carefully scrutinizes your work to make sure you are being honest.
4. Sign your name, take an oath, or pledge your sacred honor to be honest (symbolic actions have real effects).
5. Don't ever cross an ethical line or you will be more easily to cross it again and again (the "what-the-hell effect").